Monday, April 28, 2014

Welcome

Welcome to Thoughts on Value.


Some background..

My name is Ben. I have a degree in finance and have passed the first examination of the CFA program. I plan on using this blog to share my thoughts, analysis, and other musings on the market and investing.

I definitely have a value bias. My beliefs have thus far been shaped by numerous well known investors including Glenn Greenberg, Seth Klarman, Michael Burry, and Bruce Greenwald as well as the usual names of Graham and Buffett.

Margin of safety is of course the primary objective when searching for investments. I prefer a more concentrated portfolio as I feel that leads to better knowledge of each security you hold and if done correctly, provides the possibility of reducing risk while also allowing for outperformance against benchmarks. I think that being a value investor and being a contrarian go hand in hand, so I like to look for investments that are out of favor, beaten down, and ignored. I primarily invest in equities but am delving more into fixed income in an effort to expand my investing universe.

I am sure I will share more as  I come across other ideas, and am happy to discuss further any topics that are presented here.


No comments:

Post a Comment